- Have you ever been bullied?
- Do you know someone who has been harmed through bullying?
- What would you do if you witnessed bullying?
- How can Child & Youth Workers help reduce the incidents of bullying?
In this module we will look at the impact of bullying on youth. Bullying can have serious short and long term effects and Child & Youth Workers need to have a solid understanding of these implications.
Outcomes: through the completion of these learning activities you will
- Define bullying
- Identify the types of bullying
- Review the signs exhibited by a child who is experiencing bullying
- Explore your own responses to the issue of bullying
- Evaluate options for prevention and response
- Watch the first video
- Post reflection comments related to the first video
- Read a document about bullying
- Answer questions about the bullying document
- Watch the second video
- Post reflection comments related to the second video
Time Required: 1 hour